International Visitors: Visa Information

If you plan to travel to the US in order to participate in CUNY 2012, we urge you to check whether you require a temporary visitor’s visa.  Please do this as soon as possible!  The wait-time for a visa may be considerable.

Basic information about visa programs can be found at the Travel website of the US State Department:

Nationals of certain countries (e.g., Australia, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom) can enter the US for short-term visits under the so-called Visa Waiver Program — if certain conditions are met.  For more information:

To facilitate a visa application, some intending conference participants may find a letter of invitation from the CUNY 2012 organizers helpful.  If this should be the case for you, we urge you to let us know promptly.  Please provide us with your name — exactly as it appears in your passport! –- and an appropriate mailing address.


Travel to and around New York city